The Beta Kappa Chapter of Delta Gamma at the University of Kansas was colonized in October 1940 and chartered on April 26, 1941. The Fraternity experienced an exciting moment at their installation banquet when the women received a call that announced that a chapter house was now theirs. The pillared colonial mansion, that originally housed a men’s fraternity, was a big change compared to the previous small home in eastern Lawrence. It was built next door to the historic Governor's mansion, which is now also Greek housing. Today, Delta Gammas still call this location at 1015 Emery Road in Lawrence, Kansas, home.